WELCOME!!!!

I want to welcome you all to my blog. It's always exciting as we lead up to the fashion show! I hope you will all stay posted as I will show you a little bit of what happens behind the scenes...



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

This is the time of year that I start to get weepy.  All the excitement of the summer is drawing to a close and we ask the question... Where did the summer go?  At the end of my Spring/Summer collection "Pixies and Pigtails" I was reflecting on whether I could do it all over again.  Well.... For those of you who have been wondering, I have decided to do another collection.  I know you all heard me grumbling about the time and the stress involved, but the creative process is a CRAZY THING!!  I just can't stop!!!!!  Just when I think I can't do it again, I find myself looking for inspiration and have sleepless nights creating the images of the clothing in my head as I toss and turn.  For someone who loves the process, it's like an addiction.  That's me.  I am a creativity addict!!  My grandmother definitely handed that down.  She is still sewing at 87 years old!!  She just made 16 memory bears for a family.  For those of you who don't know what that is, she takes clothing from a deceased family member and uses it to create bears out of the garments.  It's truly magnificent.  They are so beautiful and each one is different.  She once made bears out of men's ties.  So that is my curse.  Every time I think I can't do another collection, I dive right in and fall in love all over again with fabric, and trim, and all things girly!!  So please, please consider attending the fashion show.  I know you will all love "fairytale forest".  It is a beautiful color palette and is sure to be stunning on all your little ones!!!!!  I can't wait to see you all soon!!!! 
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment